overclocking saphire radeon rx460 4gb gddr5

Jan 30, 2019
has anyone had any experiance overclocking one of these cards using the trixx software my usual running temp is 28 - 31c and underload it gos to about 40 - 45c so i know i have a bit of room for heat just wondering if anyone has done it before and give me some ideas on to how far i can go before i try it myself

Ak74Egy

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016
try tweaking your card settings using MSI afterburner, there are loads of tutorials available for it, just a few guidelines, don't mess with voltage if you want to stay on the safe side, keep it under 80C, increase memory clock and core clock gradually and use a game or benchmark to see how much you can push your card, if it starts crashing, freezing or stuttering, tone it down, until you have stabilized it.

Jan 30, 2019
yh thats whats imdoing atm gotten to 1350mhz from 1250mhz only a 2c change havent changed any voltages ect but everywhere ive seen the guys are sitting on fairly high temps as it was and only getting 1320mhz so basically im in untested grounds wondering if anyone has had any better so to speak ill keep playing around this arvo see if i can get to 1400mhz did notice a 1-2 frame difference on 3dmark so im fairly happy atm just yh ill be getting new pc in month or seeing how far i can push it hehehehe

Ak74Egy

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016

you don't have to wait for an hour though a solid 10 minutes with different environments is very much enough