Overclocking the 8600k

Mar 20, 2018
So, im planning to build a new rig with the 8600k and i want to overclock. Im pretty new to ocing so i need some help. My specs are:

Asus rog strix z370h mobo
Of course the 8600k
Nzxt kraken x62

I want to try and overclock to 5.0 ghz.

Solution
Set your multiplier to 50. Put LLC somewhere in the middle( not sure how many steps you have). Set CPU core GT voltage mode to adaptive+offset. Start your vcore at 1.325v and see if it fires up. If it does runs stability tests such as aida64 and prime95 small fft. If it does not pass these tests raise the vcore in tiny increments up till you get a stable overclock. Don't go past 1.4v. If you have a good chip 1.350v will be the max you need.

Not all chips will make 5 though so if yours does not you still have a heck of a cpu.

This is how I got my i5 8600k to 5ghz. It may or may not work for you.

urbancamper

Distinguished
Set your multiplier to 50. Put LLC somewhere in the middle( not sure how many steps you have). Set CPU core GT voltage mode to adaptive+offset. Start your vcore at 1.325v and see if it fires up. If it does runs stability tests such as aida64 and prime95 small fft. If it does not pass these tests raise the vcore in tiny increments up till you get a stable overclock. Don't go past 1.4v. If you have a good chip 1.350v will be the max you need.

Not all chips will make 5 though so if yours does not you still have a heck of a cpu.

This is how I got my i5 8600k to 5ghz. It may or may not work for you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS