Overclocking the EVGA Geforce GTX 760 2 GB

CPTECHCS

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
I am stuck with the gtx 760, planning on upgrading in the future but right now i am stuck with it so i was wandering how far can i get the card overclocked using precision x?

From the tutorial:

"Drag "Core Voltage (mV)" fully to the right. Some GPU's can have more additional voltage than others."

You'll need to find the sweet spot for your specific card. If you want a good general idea of what to shoot for scroll a bit further down the tutorial and look at the resources KKAW provided for finding Overclock infromation on your specific card.

CPTECHCS

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
ok i got a overclock set and i think it may be stable but im not sure im new to this but im gonna do some benchmarks and ill amp up the core voltage more if i have to im scared to overvolt it and destroy everything.

Just take it little by litte.

Try the stress tests at the bottom of the tutorial and see how things go. Best thing when overclocking is to be patient.

From the bottom of the tutorial:

"If you faced issues in the stress test, start lowering the clock of the GPU memory by -10 Mhz and the GPU clock by -5 Mhz until you find a completely stable overclock.

If your current overclock can handle the hours of stress test without issues it's time to do the opposite and increase the GPU memory by +10 Mhz at a time and GPU clock by + 5 Mhz at a time to find the perfect stable overclock.

Keep in mind to give yourself some headroom. If your maximum stable overclock was "+200 Mhz GPU clock" and "+350 Mhz GPU memory" i would recommend something like "+195 Mhz GPU Clock" and "+340 Mhz GPU memory".

Even if you stress test for hours with no issues the GPU may crash once in a while, this means that you need to decrease the GPU memory or GPU clock. You can play with those settings."

CPTECHCS

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
ok thanks you. i may have a unstable overclock cuz im crashing in both the stress test and gta 5 but ill get it stabled soon. Would those crashes be considered artifacts?

CPTECHCS

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
sorry for so many replies but i got good news, just got threw the stress test without crashing and the score and average fps is a bit higher than it was on the first one :D gonna test gta 5 now