[SOLVED] Overclocking the intel core I5-3470

mastergamer2014

Honorable
Jul 31, 2017
Good day,

So I kinda need help overclocking this CPU to 4.0GHz or 3.5GHz. I manged to get it to run at 3.4GHz with a good cool temp but I can't seem to make it go higher. I don't know if it's because my motherboard can't go higher because I seen people run it at 4.0GHz so I know it can do it. I'm using the ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0 and here are the current settings in the bios. What should I change if anything to get the this thing to 4.0GHz. Thank you for the help 😀!

tbHY6Vy.png

Solution
You can't, because you're using an H-series motherboard. Z-series is required.

3.4ghz is the stock clock speed. Since this is a non -k suffix CPU, it cannot be overclocked.
The only way is with a base BCLK OC, which can cause the PC to crash and do many other bad things.

If you want to overclock, buy a CPU ment to overclock with a -k suffix.
Older Intel non-K cpus before could actually be overclocked. Intel shut that down since Haswell/Broadwell, I believe.
3.4ghz is the stock clock speed. Since this is a non -k suffix CPU, it cannot be overclocked.
The only way is with a base BCLK OC, which can cause the PC to crash and do many other bad things.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Older Intel non-K cpus before could actually be overclocked. Intel shut that down since Haswell/Broadwell, I believe.

Solution

mastergamer2014

Honorable
Jul 31, 2017

Thank you for the response I guess i'm stuck with 3.4GHz for now . It's a better improvement from the 3.2GHz that it was at.