Question Overclocking UHD 630

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Hello, I want to overclock my UHD 630 from 8600K

I couldn't find any graphics card because of the stocks,

I'm using intels extreme tuning utility, but as soon as i bump the processor graphics ratio limit to 13, it crashes on games.

I recently changed my motherboard from H310M to Z390M mortar, i was getting 60 fps max on league with default clocks, right now it is above 120FPS, but I don't know how to adjust the voltages,I only want to reach 144FPS on league, nothing more
You can do nothing more.
Trust me, if messed around with that stuff on 2 laptops and my existing pc when i didnt have a GPU, you will get no performance boost.

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Then forget about gaming. Discrete graphics card is absolutely necessary there.
There are plenty of GT 1030 models with display port.
Ahh thanks, Just wanted to see if I could get atleast 10 more fps in league with advanced overclocking.

There might be stocks on your country. But on my country a 3080 costs $5000. A 11 year old card(GTX 660) costs $250 or so.
So no gpu for me. I only play league anyways, nothing more

The 1030 models we have here is asus, arez and sapphire.

Reactions: Dj0gany

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
BTW what monitor are you using? Doesn't it have DVI input also?
It does, but I am using the monitors speakers, they have great bass+volume

The reason why I don't want to buy a GPU is, I sold my GTX 980 for cheap, and i dont want to pay $100 or $200 to 1030 or similar cards
I will be happy with my uhd 630 for now, it can at least play games like oxygen not included, forager, league of legends and other small games,
From the replies looks like i cannot get my game 120 fps to 144 fps with overclocking. That is unfortunate[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Dj0gany

jtk2515

Distinguished
Hello, I want to overclock my UHD 630 from 8600K

I couldn't find any graphics card because of the stocks,

I'm using intels extreme tuning utility, but as soon as i bump the processor graphics ratio limit to 13, it crashes on games.

You increased the Ratio but did not increase the "Processor Graphics voltage" in the utility? Not sure if you have a locked motherboard or not. you can get a nice 15% overclock usally on these then also if you overclock your memory.

Sidenote If your thinking about upgrading your cpu while you wait out the GPU shortage. The 11600k 750 Igpu Seems to be pretty decent.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp-5bqmXpRw

Last edited:

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
You increased the Ratio but did not increase the "Processor Graphics voltage" in the utility? Not sure if you have a locked motherboard or not. you can get a nice 15% overclock usally on these then also if you overclock your memory.

Sidenote If your thinking about upgrading your cpu while you wait out the GPU shortage. The 11600k 750 Igpu Seems to be pretty decent.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp-5bqmXpRw
Hello, sorry for late response.
I only increased the ratio, because i don't know how to increase the voltage

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
Ahh thanks, Just wanted to see if I could get atleast 10 more fps in league with advanced overclocking.

There might be stocks on your country. But on my country a 3080 costs $5000. A 11 year old card(GTX 660) costs $250 or so.
So no gpu for me. I only play league anyways, nothing more

The 1030 models we have here is asus, arez and sapphire.

In my country, gtx 1660 super costs $252.49. You should probably think about importing from different country ( import cost would be around $100 but its still cheaper than your country