Question Overclocking went wrong guys please help me i overclocked my laptop but now it wont work the screen is black

Aug 24, 2021
Guys please help me i overclockled my laptop fron 60 hz to 82 hz but now my laptop screen is black i connected it to a tv and tried to change the hz back but it doesnt change please help me

Hey there,

I'm assuming you mean your monitor screen/panel. Did you set this through Nvidia Control Panel, or some other software?

You may have to start the laptop in safe mode to get back to your options.

Now, onto overlocking the laptop screen. Don't do it. Laptop screens are not designed to OC in the same effectiveness as a desktop monitor.

Aug 24, 2021
This sounds very dodgy, what did you download? You don’t need to download anything to overclock a monitor.
There is a file you download and on the file it allows you to set ypur refresh rate to what ever amount you want and i set it to 82 bit my screen stopped working and when i connected it to my tv and tried to reset the refresh rate back it doesnt want to change

There is a file you download and on the file it allows you to set ypur refresh rate to what ever amount you want and i set it to 82 bit my screen stopped working and when i connected it to my tv and tried to reset the refresh rate back it doesnt want to change
Sounds really dodgy, you don’t need a file to do this and is why you didn’t get the auto rollback to prior settings when it didn’t work.

Do you get any display during boot up?

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
theres a file in the folder when u download cru called reset.all. run it. should revert the changes. you'll obviously have to connect to another monitor or tv to get display but once you've run the reset.all file. reboot

Stephanie_Sy

Prominent
Mar 1, 2021
Biggest issue with oc'ing laptops is heat, and it'll build up quickly since the components are in such a small space. You can do it, but for it to be considered safe, get a laptop cooling pad.

please help me
if you can't reset the options using the same software you used to create the issue;
check your manual for a factory reset option.
many laptops have a specific button you can press for a certain amount of time to factory reset all hardware.
hopefully it would also pertain to the screen settings.
Biggest issue with oc'ing laptops is heat...
for it to be considered safe, get a laptop cooling pad.
this thread is concerning an overclocked display refresh rate.
nothing that raises internal system temperatures.