MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Got a question.

My PSU is a 450W Coolermaster GX 80+ Effeciency (Bronze), and I'm going to nab myself a Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz. The PSU will give a solid 450W, but it has an auto-shutdown @ 470W to prevent damage due to overloading (Which I thought was pretty cool, and I got it for half price on a sale).

The motherboard I'll be purchasing is an ASRock 960GM-GS3 FX.

My GPU is an AMD Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 @ 837MHz Core clock, 730 MHz Memory clock. I also have a Creative SoundBlaster titanium 7.1 Fatal1ty sound card. I've got two HDDs (One a green Western Digital 1TB, the other a 320GB Maxtor. Both Sata 1), and 4-6 USB Devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Wireless keyboard hub-thing, Internet dongle) connected at any given time.

Would I be able to OC the CPU? I plan on buying a Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler when I find the spare cash. Would like to get 4GHz, but any OC would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

akxpckwb

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
That's a lot of stuff connected. It could be possible and if that auto shutdown feature you mentioned is actually works then you would have no problems right?

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
@AKX Was just making sure. Main reason I'll be buying a 965 later down the road is to OC it.

@Geek I play games that are very CPU dependent (Spore, Skyrim) and do alot of heavy CPU stuff (Maya, photoshop, software compiling, etc.). The GPU is a cheapo because of my 450W GPU; I wanted more room for my CPU.
That, and graphic cards are too damn expensive. Ya need to pay £70 just to play a game (And not get frustrated at your low FPS, stutters and glitches) decently, which I find absurd. Maybe not to people who have cash to burn willy-nilly, but they're just to expensive for anyone that has a shred of monetary sense and value.

But I digress.

Thanks guys :3

fraza

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
quick internet conversion says that is 108 for what you say on a card, consider a playstation 3 is gonna cost you around 400$ australian from where i see them anyway.
honestly games are almost entirley gpu dependent and almost whatever else your rig has shouldnt make too mutch diference unless your going for really high fps and graphics.
so really a playstation 3 costs about 4x as mutch you'l probably get worse graphics, they'l be less customizable.
oh and not to mention a ps3 cant do half the stuff a pc can like photoshop.

I've got an i5-2500k running at 4.5ghz with a 1.236V and it draws around 130W by itself. I run it 24/7, because it's one of my main Folding@Home rigs. A radeon 5450, dvd drive, hdd, and 3 case fans are powered as well. You know what? It's running on a 430W PSU, the corsair CX430V2 to be exact ;)