Overclocking with a fixed multiplier

G

Is it possible to overclock on a board with a fixed multiplier? MY board (ECS K7VZA) has a fixed fsb of 133 and now way of changing the stepping in the bios. Is there any way around this? I've tried soft FSB, but I don't know the proper settings.

G

One more thing.... Is it possible that my 1200 mhz CPU already has the L1 bridges unlocked? I looked at them and it appears that they haven't been severed by a laser (although the L3 and 4 do appear to be cut). Can/should I re-attach any of these?

Download and run Sisoft Sandra. It is pretty good at identifying system components.(although not perfect,what program is?)Once we know what clock generator you have you can then software overclock. (hopefully)

I aint signing nothing!!!

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
if someone can mail or point you to a picture of a clock gen chip then you can read the make of yours. this should be quite easy as they all look very similar and are easy to spot as they are usually right next to a crystal. i know this probably dosent sound helpfull but if you get to see a pic all will become clearer.

Although it has a lot of good ideas, beer doesn't know anything about computers!!!