Overclocking with a locked CPU on a laptop

Aug 27, 2018
HI, I am using an HP ProBook 6570b with an Intel Core i5 3210M processor. I cannot access overclocking settings through the BIOS and I am yet find any decent overclocking software that will allow me to change the multiplier of a locked processor. I am wondering if anyone knows of any alternative methods of overclocking ( such as a program that will allow me to modify the BIOS or FSB?)

P.S I am not here to discuss the risks of overclocking as I am fully aware of them. Its an old laptop and I think the increase in performance is worth any possible damage to my computer.

Solution
The 3210M has a locked multiplier so there is no software available that will let you unlock it. If you can find a way to increase the FSB / BCLK, it is usually only good for a percent or two. I doubt you will get this working and if you do, it is not worth wasting your time for the minimal increase.

If the 3210M is in a socket (FCPGA988) and is not welded to the motherboard (FCBGA1023), have a look for a Core i7 replacement from EBay.

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
The only software I know that's popularly used for the laptop is ThrottleStop.

I am yet find any decent overclocking software that will allow me to change the multiplier of a locked processor
Your laptop is probably locked from the factory. I couldn't overclock my friends gaming laptop too. Also, messing with BIOS on laptop is the easiest way to brick it.
P.S I am not here to discuss the risks of overclocking as I am fully aware of them. Its an old laptop and I think the increase in performance is worth any possible damage to my computer.
I'm more worried about the heat. Overclock increases heat output. After 95c the CPU starts thermal throttling to lower heat. Which would make the overclock pointless by decreasing CPU clock.

unclewebb

Sep 11, 2007
The 3210M has a locked multiplier so there is no software available that will let you unlock it. If you can find a way to increase the FSB / BCLK, it is usually only good for a percent or two. I doubt you will get this working and if you do, it is not worth wasting your time for the minimal increase.

If the 3210M is in a socket (FCPGA988) and is not welded to the motherboard (FCBGA1023), have a look for a Core i7 replacement from EBay.

Solution