overclocking with a mobo that wont allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordank_boro

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
hey guys i have a dual cpu 12 and 24 core workstation system that im using to game. it's doing really good so far. and would do a bit better if i could oc the cpu's just a tad more. i'll give full specs below but essentially my problem is that my mobo doesnt have an oc option in the bios. i mean it's there but when you click on it to go from auto to manual to set the settings yourself it just wont show manual. this board is a server board so i know that it has limitations like this. have you guys ever heard of or possibly even used a third party app besides the bios to oc you cpu's??? i know no overclock is safe and can cause damage and thats not what im getting at. i've heard of people figuring out ways to oc with server mobo's i just dont know where to begin or what program to thoroughly trust.

full specs
motherboard- asus z8na-d6(c)
cpu- 2x intel xeon X5675 @3.2ghz(6 and 12 core)
ram- 32gb ddr3 at 1333
graphics card- amd r9 280x 3gb
psu- seasonic 850w gold

jordank_boro

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
i found a third party app that will allow me to overclock the cpu but i need to know a certain chip on my board and i cant seem to find it. plus it seems a bit sketchy to oc with an app that just has a slider bar. i assume they figure out the voltage to clock ratios for each chip they have. theres about 50 or more chips in the drop down menu. also is that evga mobo the only dual socket lga1366 that is overclockable? i would think that theres gotta be more out there. but i could be wrong of course. with the price of old server chips right now it might even be worth it to buy a single slotted 1366 mobo with a higher voltage so i can get a higher clocked chip for it. ahhh the options lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.