Overclocking with H80i

iiCryi

Honorable
Aug 22, 2015
So quick question, how many fan ports will the H80i take? I know it comes with 2 fans but do they plug into SYS_FAN ports? there are these plug things built into block itself so I'm not sure whether I would need a different motherboard because I don't have any spare SYS_FAN ports.

Solution

If you want the "iLink" to control pump and radiator fans, plug the pump into the CPU_FAN header on the MOBO. Plug the radiator fan(s) into the sockets on the pump. DO NOT plug...

iiCryi

Honorable
Aug 22, 2015

I thought the fans plugged into the main block that covers the CPU and then 1 plug comes out from that and goes into the cpu fan header. Could you explain exactly how it all plugs together because I'm kind of confused. Some reviews state that the fans plug into the main block and then 1 plug goes into the cpu fan header but others say that the main block is plugged into the cpu fan header and the 2 fans are plugged into sys_fan ports.

If you want the "iLink" to control pump and radiator fans, plug the pump into the CPU_FAN header on the MOBO. Plug the radiator fan(s) into the sockets on the pump. DO NOT plug any case fans into the pump, just the radiator fans.

Yogi

Solution

iiCryi

Honorable
Aug 22, 2015

Thanks for clarifying that. Are any extra cables required to do that? I saw LinusTechTips' video on it and he has a "breakout " cable to connect the fans, does that come with the H80i or would i have to buy that seperate.

AFAIK, that would be bought separately.

Yogi

EDIT: The radiator fans in the kit should come with cables. If the cables are too short, then extension cables would have to be bought.

Yogi

iiCryi

Honorable
Aug 22, 2015

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS