Overclocking with MSI A88XM-E35

AntoniusJA

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Hey guys,
I have an A88XM-E35 MOBO, and an A8-6600k CPU.

I have updated the bios to the latest version-30.6 consequently; I cannot overclock it manually the multiplier is locked and the OC genie doesn't work, I get the message "supports 65w K-series only".

Please tell me is there anyway around this?

AntoniusJA

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Yes I am using windows 8.1, It shows it is in the system windows and also device manager.
Even In HWMonitor it works.
I know it can overclock because I had it on a different MOBO before, its so wierd.

ArunasLT

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
Hello. I got A88XM-E35 V2 motherboard, compaired with AMD athlon 860k. I also cant overlock it manually. My friend have same processor and Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H motherboard and overlocking his system easy from 3,7ghz to 4,2ghz with Cooler Master Hyper T4. Should i upgrade my motherboard? Or there is any way to increase from 3,7ghz to atleast 4,0ghz with MSI A88XM-E35 V2.

AntoniusJA

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
As you can see I started this post a year ago and haven't got any useful or meaningful answer.

I still have the same chip I actually went out and purchased that same motherboard your friend has.

TBH I can feel any difference when it goes up into turbo mode and churns to 4.0ghz so I would say don't bother.

I have a R9 380 and my 860k is bottlenecking the crap out of it but tbh its running most new titles medium high still, with the exception of some tripple A titles, but all are playable. If I were you I would wait for Zen if its good then you can upgrade everything together. If you have the money now and you can't wait go for one of the new intel chips.

Whatever floats your boat.