Overclocking xeon x3470 on Dell inspiron 580 pre-built pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

csandreas1

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
I have a dell Inspiron 580 pc and i need help overclocking my cpu. Specs can be found here.

First of all, i want to say that i have a good cpu cooler, it's the Master Hyper 212 EVO.

I want to overclock my cpu because xeon x3470 (i7 870) is not that good in single core games like cs go or league of legends.

I want to ask, is this possible to overclock my cpu on my Dell 0C2KJT mobo, and if it will reduce the lifespan of my cpu. Will i need stronger power supply if i overclock it? Currently i have the stock 300w power supply. Will overclocking make my pc more powerful in single core games? Thanks!

csandreas1

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

ok.But why i cannot play lol and cs go at 100% gpu usage? Is that a cpu problem? Also when i set the fps to uncapped in LOL, fps can go up to 350 but when fps exceed 250 i lag too much, i don't know what is that lag and why it is happenning

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, if you're not getting 100% GPU usage you're likely being limited by your CPU. Especially playing old/non demanding games like CSGO at super high FPS. I don't know why it would start lagging if you have FPS higher than 250, but I would just adjust your graphics settings so you don't go higher than that. It's not like you're getting any benefit from having 350 fps compared to 250.

csandreas1

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

So i can overclock my cpu even if my motherboard does not support it?

Status
Not open for further replies.