marion_quijano

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
hey guys.

i need some help on overclocking. my system is the new from amd, i just self build my pc. i have an amd phenom 2 x4 940 black edition, mobo asus m4a78-e, sapphire 4850 toxic, 2gb kingston hyperx ddr2 1066 dual channel memory, and chassis is silverstone kl02 with only 2 exhaust fan due to transparent glass on the side and a good cpu air cooling coolermaster v8, i was able to able overclock the cpu only until 3.5 ghz in its stock speed is 3.0 ghz. i only used the precustomed o.c from the asus utility to obtain the speed however i wish if i can overclock it to 4.0ghz because i read some blogs and reviews they were able to o.c it to this speed. thanks guyz.

I agree, at stock settings (voltage) 3.5 Ghz is a nice overclock. Follow the primer at the link provided above and you can adjust northbridge and other clock speeds. Best case scenario, you get stable at 3.8 Ghz however then temps become an issue.

marion_quijano

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Hey guyz thanks for the reply. I waz able to overclock the 940 at 3.5 ghz .tries to oc qt 3.7 it wont get stable even at 1.475 cpu core voltage. Dont like to raise further i might ended up overheating the cpu. By the way i only succeeded the oc when i change the case to the coolermaster storm scout for better ventilation.