overclocking

If you want to find out so you can try and match it, maybe we should warn
you:
1) All chips are not created equal, even if they come from the same wafer...
2) A lot will depend on the ambient temperature as to how high you can clock
your chip..

CrimsonLiar

Steve wrote:
> What is the fastest anyone in this newsgroup has successfully
> overclocked a 9800XT with stock cooling?

Stories of cards burning up when overclocked to extreme with the stock cooler. Avoid.

I strongly recommend a third party active cooling heatsink if you decide to go to extremes. the GPU
runs hot at the default clocks with the stock cooler (as hot as a cup of coffee you have to put
down... not to hot to burn, but enough to make you think :)