[SOLVED] Overclocks aren't the same after Applying

Twinkleroot

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
I overclocked my Ryzen 7 2700x to 4.2 Ghz and every time I boot up and check Ryzen Master, it's at 4.35 Ghz
The task manager usually changes the Base Speed for the CPU to the overclocked version, but it stayed 3.7 Ghz this time.

I've overclocked it to 4.2 before and everything was fine until I loaded the default settings for my bios to add new ram.

B450 Tomahawk (Normal Version, not Max)
Ryzen 2700x
Windows 10 Home

Last edited:
Solution
I overclocked my Ryzen 7 2700x to 4.2 Ghz and every time I boot up and check Ryzen Master, it's at 4.35 Ghz
The task manager usually changes the Base Speed for the CPU to the overclocked version, but it stayed 3.7 Ghz this time.

I've overclocked it to 4.2 before and everything was fine until I loaded the default settings for my bios to add new ram.

Ryzen 2700x
Windows 10 Home
The only I have fixed this problem is by taking out the new set of ram that I installed. I was able to keep my overclock again and I'll be refunded these for a 2x16 instead.
The regular B450 Tomahawk
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Update the bios to the latest again then load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install Chipset driver then reboot. and choose amd ryzen balanced power plan, and connect to internet again

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And try to overclock once again in bios :D

Twinkleroot

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017

B450 Tomahawk
Ryzen 2700x
Windows 10 Home
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Update the bios to the latest again then load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install Chipset driver then reboot. and choose amd ryzen balanced power plan, and connect to internet again

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And try to overclock once again in bios :D
I also just realized that nothing is applying when I save anything in the bios. My ram doesn't change speeds, my overclocks don't change, and I turned on virtualization on my CPU and it didn't stay on. Not sure what's going on. I added new RAM to my pc and had to take out my cpu because the noctua DH-15 is too big.

Twinkleroot

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
I also just realized that nothing is applying when I save anything in the bios. My ram doesn't change speeds, my overclocks don't change, and I turned on virtualization on my CPU and it didn't stay on. Not sure what's going on. I added new RAM to my pc and had to take out my cpu because the noctua DH-15 is too big.
I did it and still the same thing. I'm guessing it's probably my new RAM since this has never happened until I've installed them. I most likely going to RMA them and buy a 2x16 instead of using a 4x8. For now, I can only use ryzen master to keep my overclocks.

Last edited:

Twinkleroot

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017

Ryzen 2700x
Windows 10 Home
The only I have fixed this problem is by taking out the new set of ram that I installed. I was able to keep my overclock again and I'll be refunded these for a 2x16 instead.

Solution