OverHeat problem with ASUS A7A266!! Need Help!!

G

I work in a small computer store. Recently we got a lot of problems with ASUS A7A266 motherboard. The biggest problem is OVERHEAT!!!
We tried almost 10 different system boards with exactly same cooling system, same CPU and Case. All the boards are working fine with 1.2Ghz or higher CPUs like 1.33Ghz or 1.4Ghz.With ASUS A7A266, there is just no way we can cool the system down. It will reach over 65 degrees or higher in about 2 minutes and the system will become unstable or just stop working. We called the ASUS technical support; their technicians insist that our system is not properly cooled. That ‘s ridiculous!!! Why other system works fine?
I just want to know if anybody has the similar problem. This problem will happen on most A7A266 motherboards with few exceptions. I suspect there must be some design flaws in A7A266 or the Ali Magik chipset.
I need some help here, can anybody tell me if there is some solutions for this? Also this motherboard is just so unreliable, we got 2 defects in about every 10 (not including the overheat ones).

ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATE!!!! Please help!

G

Hi,

I have had the same problem. For a month ago I built my new system:

Asus A7A266
Athlon T-Bird 1,33 GHz
Silverado Noisecontrol w. Arctic Silver (12V)
Asus Geforce 3
256 PC2100 ram
2 case fans

and my cpu temp was 62C at 0% CPU load. Under my effort to get my system properly cooled (replacing hsf, applying Arctic Silver and so on) I chrushed my CPU
and and hit my mobo with a screwdriver (well I guees I learned the hard way to install a hsf and to use a coppershim :)

Anyway, I have now replaced my motherboard with Asus A7M266 and a new Athlon T-Bird 1.2 GHz
(the rest of the system are the same)

And I now have a cpu temp at 37C at 0% cpu load and 42C at 100% load

I you look through the posts from the last couple of weeks you will see that most people having having problems with CPU temp at 60C to 65C
have had an Asus A7A266 mobo. So I think you are right, there is a problem with the Asus A7A266 mobo.

2fast

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
I built nearly the same system (Geforce2 1GHZ CPU) and I have had no problems at all, However I am using a case that has 2 fans blowing directly on the CPU and video cards, As well as an exhaust fan system has been running very stable since May and is on more than it is off. I also run some pretty heavy graphics applications like N4. CPU temp as of right now 50c and Mobo temp. is at 28c.

If it ain't broke don't fix it