Question Overheating and/or crashing with some games

Jun 14, 2022
Hello everyone,
it seems that I may be in need of some help regarding my pc.
I already had a long and unhelpful chat with the manufacturerer's support service.
Whats the problem? Or more specific the problems?
1. While playing some games that require quite a lot of performance, my pc tends to get very hot and crash after a while, monitor image freezes and the last sound that was playing is looping.
This happens mostly with many of my vr games or when I deactivate vsync in some 3d games and the fps jumps to 300 - 400.
2. My pc also crashes with the exact same result when I play some specific games, slime rancher, 7 days to die and subnautica to be specific. But without overheating, or at least my pc doesnt get crazy loud or feels very hot before the crash.
The one thing these games have in common is that they all are unity 3d based games. But i couldnt find any helpful connection online.
3. At one time I also had the problem, that I had no more Internet connection with my pc (only the pc, everything else worked), and while restarting it I got a Blue screen with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Internet worked again after some hours (dont know why?). Trying to reinstall all my drivers didnt work, because I got another blue screen. This time I needed to run the recovery to use my pc again. In the blue screen dumb the Filename ntoskrnl.exe appeared, but I cant link this to any of the other things.

On advice of the customer service from where I got my pc, I changed the Long Duration Power Limit und Short Duration Power Limit in my Bios to 85W, before that both were set to 250W. This did help a little to extend the time until my pc crashed when running some games.

Don't know if all these problems are connected or anything but I'm tired of trying, so hopefully anyone here can finally help me.

Here is a list of all the building components of my pc:

Intel Core i9-9900 (8x 3.10 - 5.00 GHz; 65W)
be quiet! Pure Rock Slim (120W)
16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DIMM Kit 3200 MHz (2x 8 GB)
8 GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER MSI VENTUS OC
MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK (Chipsatz: Z390 / ATX)
500 GB M.2 PCIe x4 - WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD
4 TB SATA III WD Blue WD40EZRZ
700 Watt - be quiet! System Power 9