[SOLVED] Overheating cpu or normal temps?

Jan 22, 2019
So recently I've noticed my cpu to be a little more "loud" to be honest, I check task manager sometimes and when browsing on the internet its like 25% usage, and sometimes spikes up to 100 but immediately to 25% when I open task manager, I've downloaded a program on my pc "hwmonitor" and there are 3 lists in the cpu section for every core, first list shows temps from 39 to 40 degrees CELSIUS, second one the same and the third shows 51 degrees celsius, even if my pc is Idle without any programs running in the background, is this normal? I also live in Greece very hot climate...

Solution
my bad sorry the max temp that the program had scanned is 51 degrees the actual goes between 39 and 40 degrees celsius is that good?
Again, the only really important measure is under load.
39/40 I would say sounds normal(ish) if you're currently in a hot environment with reasonable cooling for example.
Basically if your CPU remains under 85 degrees under any load, your fine. Under 80 ideally.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
When was the last time you replaced thermal paste and reseated the cooler?

51 degrees idle is quite high. But remember "Knowing your Ambient temperature is important because all computer temperatures increase and decrease with Ambient temperature. "

For every degree you are over expected ambient, you'll be a degree hotter at peak. So this kind of fluctuation can be normal around hotter times of year.

I would monitor your temperatures under load and see what temperatures you reach. Generally you want to keep all cores under 85 degrees, under 80 ideally. As long as you stick below these, you're fine.

Reactions: panos4508

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
my bad sorry the max temp that the program had scanned is 51 degrees the actual goes between 39 and 40 degrees celsius is that good?
39/40 I would say sounds normal(ish) if you're currently in a hot environment with reasonable cooling for example.
Basically if your CPU remains under 85 degrees under any load, your fine. Under 80 ideally.

Reactions: panos4508
Solution
Jan 22, 2019
thanks I also want to mention that I got some dust out of the cpu fan well was it worth it? I didn't damage anything don't worry

TRENDING THREADS