[SOLVED] Overheating CPU

Apr 12, 2020
So i have recently Build a new PC, completely new, no preused parts aside from storage drives.

The PC has These Parts:
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x
GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM: G. Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
PSU: be quiet! System Power 9 CM 600W
Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism (yea i know... the cooler i ordered did not fit...)
Case: Sharkoon TG5 RGB (https://de.sharkoon.com/product/20607 )

The CPU hat an idle Temperature of ~55°C and i cant figure out why.
The Bios is Updated and i know the case has bad airflow but i tried to just run the PC with removed sidepannels and the difference was 2 degrees...
I really dont know what the issue is right here, can anybody help me?

Greetings
Linus

Last edited:
Solution
The stock amd coolers are very good, somewhat equitable to many budget aftermarket 120mm cookers and a lot better than more than a few 'branded' aftermarket coolers. Also nothing wrong with the stock paste, there's only a 10 ish °C difference between the best and worst pastes and intel/amd falls closer to the middle of the pack.

This is Ryzen, not FX, so aftermarket anything doesn't automatically make it better.

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
So i have recently Build a new PC, completely new, no preused parts aside from storage drives.

The PC has These Parts:
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x
GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM: G. Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
PSU: be quiet! System Power 9 CM 600W
Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism (yea i know... the cooler i ordered did not fit...)
Case: Sharkoon TG5 RGB (https://de.sharkoon.com/product/20607 )

The CPU hat an idle Temperature of ~55°C and i cant figure out why.
The Bios is Updated and i know the case has sh***y airflow but i tried to just run the PC with removed sidepannels and the difference was 2 degrees...
I really dont know what the issue is right here, can anybody help me?

Greetings
Linus
First off, 55°C isnt that bad . Second off, delete where u swore before mods delete this thread lol

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020
Okay maybe i forgot an important part here, it is late for me... i just played a game (CoD: Warzone)
And the cpu temperature shot to over 100 °C and flatout crashed my PC. Just was not aware that this temperature is "normal".

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
Okay maybe i forgot an important part here, it is late for me... i just played a game (CoD: Warzone)
And the cpu temperature shot to over 100 °C and flatout crashed my PC. Just was not aware that this temperature is "normal".
Okay yeah.. if ur getting 100 degrees Celsius, you better shut that puppy off before u start a forest fire my g. I'm like 90% sure its getting that way bc of the stock cooler and the stock thermal paste, you NEVER want to use the stock cooler and thermal paste, buy a new cpu cooler and get some good thermal paste aswell, I can almost GUARANTEE that a fix.

Afro_ninja199

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Okay yeah.. if ur getting 100 degrees Celsius, you better shut that puppy off before u start a forest fire my g. I'm like 90% sure its getting that way bc of the stock cooler and the stock thermal paste, you NEVER want to use the stock cooler and thermal paste, buy a new cpu cooler and get some good thermal paste aswell, I can almost GUARANTEE that a fix.

nothing wring with the amd coolers

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The stock amd coolers are very good, somewhat equitable to many budget aftermarket 120mm cookers and a lot better than more than a few 'branded' aftermarket coolers. Also nothing wrong with the stock paste, there's only a 10 ish °C difference between the best and worst pastes and intel/amd falls closer to the middle of the pack.

This is Ryzen, not FX, so aftermarket anything doesn't automatically make it better.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS