Jan 13, 2020
System Specs:
CPU: ryzen 2600
GPU: 1070ti
RAM: 4x4
Motherboard: asrock b350 gaming k4
Case: corsair carbide spec 04
Fans: 2 intake, 1 outtake

I noticed that when I play games, even like fortnite running at 144hz, my gpu reaches 91 degrees. I have msi afterburner and i have it so the temperature won't go above 91 degrees Celsius, but the gpu is always at the temperature when I'm gaming. The gpu always reaches 91-92 degrees nearly instantly and stops there when I launch a game and my fans are running at 100% speed. What are the things that I can do to know what is wrong with my gpu and how do I fix it, without under clocking the card because that would be a waste of performance. I've had this pc for a year and a half now and I've recently cleaned it out so the dust wasn't an issue.

Jan 5, 2020
What's your ambient temperature? High ambient temp could cause this but 91C is a bit too much. Remove the side panel of the case and see if the temp drops. If it does it can be an airflow issue. Adding more case fans may help but before that consider undervolting with the same core clock if you are running stock settings. If that doesn't help either, you can try re-applying thermal paste to the gpu.

Jan 13, 2020
Ambient room temperature is around 22 degrees Celsius, and yes I have tried to remove the side panel and let the computer run that way, but it had no difference, I even removed the front panel as well. I don't know if I'll be able to support more case fans because my motherboard only has 3 fan pins and I don't know if they have enough amps to support a fan splitter. Is re-apply the gpu thermal paste the only option, and if it is, will it be effective and what thermal paste should I use?

Reactions: Vishman
Jan 12, 2020
Ambient room temperature is around 22 degrees Celsius, and yes I have tried to remove the side panel and let the computer run that way, but it had no difference, I even removed the front panel as well. I don't know if I'll be able to support more case fans because my motherboard only has 3 fan pins and I don't know if they have enough amps to support a fan splitter. Is re-apply the gpu thermal paste the only option, and if it is, will it be effective and what thermal paste should I use?
My old GPU started getting a bit hotter some couple of years after I got it so I reapplied the paste and the temps gradually went down, so I would consider trying that out at least :)

I Recommend
Noctua NT-H1 thermal Compound or Phanteks PH-NDC thermal compound

Reactions: Vishman
The gpu always reaches 91-92 degrees nearly instantly and stops there when I launch a game and my fans are running at 100% speed.
If the temperature instantly jumps to 90+ degrees at 100% fan speed, that doesn't sound like an issue with case airflow, but rather the graphics chip not making proper contact with its cooler. Has it always been like this? What model of 1070 Ti is it? Do you happen to know if it's still under warranty?