sxnnermane

Commendable
Sep 18, 2021
I need serious help, I have a Zotac GTX670 EMP Edition graphics card, but my card overheats goes around 80-90 degrees, when playing games at 1080p, thing is most of the games run at high FPS on high settings, but the card gets very hot.
When the FPS wasn't capped, the card went to 100 degrees, when I capped it at 60FPS in the Nvidia settings, the things went kinda smooth, but that didn't really did the trick, most games require me to lower the resolution and the texture quality, then the card doesn't overheat, and it runs at around 70 degrees.

My question is this, I have a 400wat PSU, the card requires 500wats, so is this the cause of the overheating?
Also, I would like to know what are the cards normal temps, and also I haven't cleaned the card in months, maybe it needs a bit cleaning?
idk, anything would be helpful, thanks.

Solution
I need serious help, I have a Zotac GTX670 EMP Edition graphics card, but my card overheats goes around 80-90 degrees, when playing games at 1080p, thing is most of the games run at high FPS on high settings, but the card gets very hot.
When the FPS wasn't capped, the card went to 100 degrees, when I capped it at 60FPS in the Nvidia settings, the things went kinda smooth, but that didn't really did the trick, most games require me to lower the resolution and the texture quality, then the card doesn't overheat, and it runs at around 70 degrees.

My question is this, I have a 400wat PSU, the card requires 500wats, so is this the cause of the overheating?
Also, I would like to know what are the cards normal temps, and also I haven't...

Also, I would like to know what are the cards normal temps, and also I haven't cleaned the card in months, maybe it needs a bit cleaning?
idk, anything would be helpful, thanks.
That card has been around since 2012, so you would want to total clean it with compressed air, both the heatsink and fans, free from dust, or you might want to lube the fan if it doesn't work normally. after you clean all of them, and both the gpu chip and heatsink contacts are clear, apply them with thermal paste.

Best cheap and very good performing thermal paste is Gelid GC Extreme or Arctic MX4 and MX5.

You will also need to clean the case and case fans to increase the airflow for the system.

Solution