Question Overheating GPU's VRM

ElementCZ

Reputable
Feb 27, 2016
Hello guys,

I was wondering if overheating VRM could cause complete system freeze during gaming.
Or if the overheating VRAM could cause it.
I have custom loop and even though my gpu core temps are at around 45° C and cpu arund 50°C there are sadly not any temp sensors on the other parts of the gpu. So really cant tell the temperatures of other parts despite the core.

If I set max power limit in afterburner to let's say 80% it stops the freezes. But then I just waste 20% potential, not even talking about OC.

Lutfij

Titan
The issue could come from a lack of power. If we look at what you've said, the point about you bumping up the power slider in Afterburner can and will corroborate the theory unless you've found out that the drivers and the OS we're the culprit all along.

ElementCZ

Reputable
Feb 27, 2016
The issue could come from a lack of power. If we look at what you've said, the point about you bumping up the power slider in Afterburner can and will corroborate the theory unless you've found out that the drivers and the OS we're the culprit all along.

I already tried clean windows install 2 times to really be sure that isn't the case. I tried both new drivers and the older ones without any succes