Overheating i7 3770k

Yia Vue

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
My cpu is currently overclocked at a stable 4.5gh (1.3V) and i have some ridiculous temperatures.

I have the Antec Kühler H2O 920 installed at the moment with artic cooling mx 2.

With prime 95 running at blend test after 30 mins, i get a max temp on one of my cores 90 degrees and the other around 85, idle at around 38-42. This is seriously high and my cooler displays 44 deg for the water temp in the pump.

I think it's just my ambient temperatures (30 degrees Cel in QLD Australia). I've re-seated the cooler 3 times and even tested with the stock cooler (very bad).

My only option now is to down clock it but ive been wanting to test the NH-D14 - Noctua. I'm just wondering if a good air cooler is better than a water cooler in a high ambient temp region.

One more thing. When i game and do things that stress the cpu (eg crysis 3) the max temps ever is 77.

Also with this cpu with different temps each cpu, 2 is relativelty the same and the other identicle. Idle, 2 is at a low 32-35 and the others at 38-42.

Thanks.