Overheating in idle mode

pranjit

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2013
Sir, I have recently upgraded my pc system. I facing a problem. My graphic card is gigabyte gtx 1060 6 gb. My graphic card temperature in a idle mode is 53 to 59%. I send my graphic card to service centre and replace my graphic card. But same problem happens again. Kindly solve my problem.

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
not sure what you mean by 53 to 59%.. fan speed? or did you mean 53 to 59C? when idle?

IF thats the temp OR fan speed sounds like you may not have enough cooling in your case.. like its too air tight.. not enough case fans to move the hot air out of the case. try running the computer with the side of the case off and see if that helps.. and what is the temp of your room.. IF its too hot PLUS the bad vented case it would also cause the issue.

Well whats your temps when under load? It could simply be that your gpu fans don't kick in until you hit a certain temperature-thats a feature thats been around for a while now. In other words if the card stays under 60c (for example, its different for each manufacturer) the fans wont kick in. Once under load and the temperatures rise the fans will start spinning to cool it down.