Overheating incorrect temperature sensor data, motherboard or pci slot or what?

Feb 5, 2019
I dunno guys, everything started a few weeks ago. My Pc tried to start but then the screen went crazy (on and off constantly), i checked cpu temperatures on the bios and were too high for iddle (72°C). Then after a lot of try´s (giving the pc a rest, so the proccessor can cool down) it booted, i started aida64 and the values of cpu temperatures were too high (more than 85°C on every value, and climbing every second), then the screen issue comes back and the pc reboots for itself or i power it off. I started cleaning all the dust on the mb/gpu/cpu fan/chasis (wasn´t too much), then i replace the thermal compound for the cpu, and......
CPU 122 °C (252 °F)
CPU Package 39 °C (102 °F)
CPU IA Cores 39 °C (102 °F)
CPU # 1 / núcleo # 1 39 °C (102 °F)
CPU # 1 / núcleo # 2 38 °C (100 °F)
CPU # 1 / núcleo # 3 31 °C (88 °F)
CPU # 1 / núcleo # 4 35 °C (95 °F)
I can see the temperatures dropped a lot, but the first value it´s still too high i think, and the pc keeps doing that crazy screen thing (on and off constantly) and that´s it, the pc reboots or i need to power it off myself. Later i tried turning the pc on without the gpu and it boots without problems and manages to stay that way without that screen issue (and i tried the gpu on my brother´s pc and it works just fine without any issues), but the temperatures are still high on the first value (CPU).
What you guys think?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Are you on an AIO? If so then you can want to take note of any rattling noises coming from the pump housing. How old is your PSU, might I ask?

Feb 5, 2019

Oh sorry, i should have read the rules. Looks like the bios was the problem for that crazy screen issue, i updated it and now boots normally with the gpu plugged in. The first temperature value is still too high on iddle, but under charge it drops back to a normal value (40°C to 60°C degrees), dunno why....but the main problem is solved. Thank you very much buddy!

TRENDING THREADS