OVERHEATING Issue ATI 4650

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrComputerTecho

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Hey Guys,

So I have a friends computer, its an older HP. Its got a Core 2 Quad, and stuff, anyways, I got home a case earlier, for an overheating issue, his graphic card was idling around 80+ Degrees Celsius, so, after I got the case, and all the fans properly done so the most air would be dissapted around the GPU, I still had the 4650 around 80 degrees, and when I open furmark @ 1920*1080 within a Minute the GPU is at 130, and than it shuts down, within a MINUTE. now I'm curious on what to do, I mean another video card seems right..

BTW his Other temp indicators (done by HWMonitor) are all near ambient, or a little higher, 28-34 depending on where the sensor is. So its JUST the GPU, I tried new fans, cleaning it, I still have REALLY bad overheating. Any Help?

Thanks,
MrComputerTecho.

MrComputerTecho

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
So The Fan IS WORKING, I am able to up the speed using MSI Afterburner. I've tried another system, cleaned the card. Im about to apply thermal paste...but will that bring the temperature like 20-30 Degrees? like im seriously Idling on my HAF932 Case at 100C, Will my GTX 275 which is usually in there idles around 30-40 depending on my fans. So It looks like its the card... So is there any solution? Or is it purely hardware related?

EDIT: So I redid the Thermal Paste... Temp dropped 30C now its a little more comfortable (70 idling) And with Furmark I ran it for a good 20 minutes, and it didnt crash or go over 115C so I think the problem is solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS