[SOLVED] Overheating issues

Jul 5, 2019
so i've got a zephyrus gx 531 gs and the cpu in it is an i7-8750H and i've been having some heating issues, so when i first got it the laptop would throttle if i played a game too long even if it's not a demanding game like warframe so i tried undervolting it which worked alot better than i hoped and that stopped it from throttling (it still throttles from time to time but that's only if my room is really hot) but i still have to play demanding games at 90c - 94c, i've accepted my fate at this point and since this was an international order from amazon it's really hard for me to return it,but what i wanted to know is, is it really that bad to play at these temps? (i only go above 90C when im playing really demanding games but with games like apex legends im usually in the 80's). and is there some miracle to try and lower the temp that i haven't tried yet

Solution
The are some notebook coolers, which attaches themselves to your notebook and they have a fan to increase the airflow, you can try ones of those.
Pretty much all gaming laptop will run hot like that, it shouldn't be dangerous to your CPU.

You options to lowering the temps:
  • Elevate your laptop, if you don't need the keyboard you can simply prop it up against a wall, on a book, whatever. The goal is increased airflow, make sure you aren't blocking fan intakes.
  • Cooling pad, these pretty much do the same thing as elevating your laptop, just increases airflow hopefully.
  • Redo your thermal paste. You may want to look into other reviews to see if this had good results, but generally companies will use subpar thermal paste, so if you redo it with some quality thermal paste (or liquid metal if you are a madman) you could see your temps drop.

Jul 5, 2019
Pretty much all gaming laptop will run hot like that, it shouldn't be dangerous to your CPU.

You options to lowering the temps:
  • Elevate your laptop, if you don't need the keyboard you can simply prop it up against a wall, on a book, whatever. The goal is increased airflow, make sure you aren't blocking fan intakes.
  • Cooling pad, these pretty much do the same thing as elevating your laptop, just increases airflow hopefully.
  • Redo your thermal paste. You may want to look into other reviews to see if this had good results, but generally companies will use subpar thermal paste, so if you redo it with some quality thermal paste (or liquid metal if you are a madman) you could see your temps drop.
my laptop already raises itself when i open it so elevating it even more wouldn't do anything since there is no cooling from the bottom,and for the thermal pase solution, i've actually thought of that but im afraid if i do it and by some sort of miracle i dont fuck up that it will void my warranty and since i need this laptop to last me atleast 4 years(for college) im not sure i wanna do that just yet, i might consider it after a while if i get sick of turning the ac in my room to the max when im playing.
thanks for you're advice.