[SOLVED] Overheating issues

Jun 26, 2020
Recently I bought a new video card (Radeon RX 570) and I've started running into overheating issues. This only occurs on some games which I assume to be graphic cards intense games. For example the one game that I've really been having trouble with is Code Vein, whenever my GPU reaches 65+ degrees (with the fans running at 100%) it will just shut off. Both of my screens go black and all of the lights inside of my computer go off except the motherboard green light I also can't turn the computer back on when it shuts off. I have to turn off the power supply until the green light goes off before turning it back on and the pressing the button to turn the computer back on. I have also downloaded Core Temp (yes I unchecked the bloatware box) to make sure it wasn't my CPU overheating, but it was sitting in the 40's whenever I had Code Vein on. I'm really confused why my computer is shutting off in the 65+ range because I've seen a lot of post about people getting to 80 before its really being a problem. Could it also be a setting in the Radeon Software? I also dont know if it's maybe the lack of cool air that's entering my case due to the case being nearly as old as me. I just bought a 4tb HD for my computer that's now sitting on my desk and I'm afraid to put it in due to any other issues. I'm gonna clean the dust out of my computer as soon as I have the time to sit down and do it but I was just wondering if anyone else had any sort of comments or suggestions.

Solution
I also forgot to mention that today when I got home I cleaned out the inside of my computer, dust poured out of the battery fan because last time I cleaned it my air compressor died mid way and I ran out of air.
You mean, dust literally 'poured' out of the psu fan? Yeah, that will cause the psu to overheat and refuse to power on for a period of time.
Blow it out, and give it another go.
Jun 26, 2020
Full PC specs?

65C is not a problem for that gpu - 90C is.
What you describe sounds like overheating POWER SUPPLY instead.
Sorry I went on a weekend trip and posted this right before I left, but what would be the best way to check give a full list of whats inside of my computer

Jun 26, 2020
Download and run hwinfo: https://www.hwinfo.com/
Locate 'Save Report' in the largest window, click 'Copy to clipboard', and then Next.
Highlight everything that appears, then copy-paste it here.
CPU: AMD FX-8300 (Piledriver/Vishera, OR-C0 (Orochi))
3300 MHz (16.50x200.0) @ 3612 MHz (18.00x200.7)
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
BIOS: 2603, 06/26/2015
Chipset: AMD 970 (RX980) + SB920/SB950
Memory: 24576 MBytes @ 668 MHz, 11-11-11-28
- 8192 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - G Skill F3-12800CL10-8GBXL
- 8192 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - G Skill F3-12800CL10-8GBXL
- 4096 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL
- 4096 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL
Graphics: XFX RX 570
AMD Radeon RX 570, 8192 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
Drive: ST1000DM003-1SB102, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive: WDC WD4005FZBX-00K5WB0, 3907.0 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Sound: ATI/AMD SB800/Hudson-1 - High Definition Audio Controller
Sound: ATI/AMD Bermuda/Ellesmere - High Definition Audio Controller
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 18362.900 (1903/May 2019 Update)

Jun 26, 2020
Download and run hwinfo: https://www.hwinfo.com/
Locate 'Save Report' in the largest window, click 'Copy to clipboard', and then Next.
Highlight everything that appears, then copy-paste it here.
I also forgot to mention that today when I got home I cleaned out the inside of my computer, dust poured out of the battery fan because last time I cleaned it my air compressor died mid way and I ran out of air.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You mean, dust literally 'poured' out of the psu fan? Yeah, that will cause the psu to overheat and refuse to power on for a period of time.

Solution
Jun 26, 2020
I'll start up Code Vein and play it for a bit after work today and see how things go so expect an update later.

Jun 26, 2020
So after playing Code Vein for a bit my GPU hasn't even passed 60 degree's so I'm going to assume that the PSU was so clogged that it was causing the entire computer to be extra hot. If I have any crashes I'll notify you but so far it just looks like I need to be more proactive on my cleaning. Do you have any suggestions for how often to clean it out though?

Jun 26, 2020
Like 3 times a year - or heck, once for each of the 4 seasons. Even more frequently if the PC is kept on the floor.

I clean my PC out like every month to every other - not necessary, but I actually enjoy doing it to some extent.
Currently I'm keeping it on the floor due to me being in the process of building a desk, but I should mention that I have 3 dogs that are often in my room so I may just need to be more proactive about cleaning it out