[SOLVED] Overheating laptop and battery

mirzahan340

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
Yesterday i installed a new HDD to my Acer Nitro 5. In the process, i unplugged and replugged the battery just in case it short circuits. I continued using the laptop after with no problems whatsoever. Today however was different:

I opened the laptop and after about 20-30 minutes of normal use, i could start to feel the battery heating up. While i was downloading something from uTorrent, my laptops temps went crazy. normally my laptop idles at around 38-39 degrees and under normal usage it goes up to around 55-45 degrees, but it started idling at around 50-55 degrees and under normal usage it would jump up to 60-70 degrees. I observed that my battery heats up when downloading something from utorrent. I ran around 4 different antivirus programs to see if my laptop got infected but none of them found anything. Is the battery heating up caused by a bad replug or loose wire? Thank you in advance.

Solution
Check your Task Manager to see if any background app is using too much power.

You may want to check whether the battery wires are plugged in properly or not, because I had the same problem with my laptop because of which, I had to end up buying a new battery.

Additionally, if none of them work, I guess it is time for getting a battery replacement.
Dec 22, 2020
Check your Task Manager to see if any background app is using too much power.

You may want to check whether the battery wires are plugged in properly or not, because I had the same problem with my laptop because of which, I had to end up buying a new battery.

Additionally, if none of them work, I guess it is time for getting a battery replacement.

Solution