Overheating Laptop CPU Ryzen 73750H

Jul 30, 2021
Okay, so I'm no expert, but I recently re-applied new thermal paste to my laptops components using Arctic 4. Also, I cleaned as much dust as humanly possible. I really put the effort into cleaning it. And now my laptop CPU shows a max temperature of 104 degrees Celsius. I'm really scared and I'm in desperate need of help.

Laptop Components:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3750H
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 (4gb)
Memory: Dual Channel 16gb 2666mhz

Hey there,

May be that the application of the paste didn't work. You're mostly likely have to do it again. Put a small pea sized blob at centre of chip. Be careful when replacing heatsink/pipes. When tightening back down, tighten the screws in a criss-cross pattern. So from one corner to the other diagonally. This will ensure the paste spreads correctly. When you remove heatsink to do this, make a mental note of where the previous application of paste looks like the paste is thin. If it looks like that, rather than a pea-sized blob in the centre try a small line down the centre a mm (millimetre) thick or so, but not the full length of the chip. See how the temps go.

When cleaning the fans, did you completely remove them from the system and clean with compressed air? Are both fans still spinning after re-assembly?

Arctic 4 is fine for a laptop. Doesn't require any curing time. Temps should have come down a little. Hopefully repasting will sort it.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021
Hi Keith,

Firstly I wanna thank you for the reply. You may be right about the screws. I will be sure to re-do my paste as soon as I get my hands on it, I left it in another city (FeelsBadMan). In the mean time I searched up some more and I found this software called Ryzen Controller or Adjuster, and it helped with CPU temps. I don't like using softwares, but if I have to use it I will use it, I don't want my laptop to die.

Fans working also, I just checked, everything inside seems normal. Can it be that the CPU is bad, like the ryzen 3*** processors? So it overheats? Also, my laptop didn't come with all the Asus products like Armoury Crate, I had to manually install everything to be able to switch to Windows/Performance/Turbo mode. Can it be those applications causing this problem?

Hey,

No worries, glad to help. Yes, this app 'Ryzen Controller' can help a little. If it has reduced your temps, then that's good. The app isn't dangerous necessarily, it just may cause crashes from time to time.

Ryzen processors actually run quite cool compared to Intel. The Asus apps, can help too. If you find they don't then uninstall them. Keep only the ones that make a difference for you.

Jul 30, 2021
Hi again,

The Ryzen Controller is definitely helping a little, I'm noticing now that the temps reach like 85 max, whereas it reached like 104. Also, on a side note I checked all the Asus products and services I have installed, I will add screenshots of the softwares. Can you tell me if something is unnecessary? My laptop is TUF 505DT (60hz version).

https://ibb.co/X3yJRRP
https://ibb.co/9p3n5nr

85c at full pelt is not bad. If it can keep to that with a heavy gaming load ( like BF V or similar) and how it goes.

The issue with some of the apps you've posted is if you disable one service another app helping keep the system cool, may not work. Unless they are gulping lots of CPU resources, then maybe leave them as is, considering you're getting better temps now.

Jul 30, 2021
Temperatures seem fine now. Although I'm experiencing a little loss of performance my laptop is not overheating(70-75 celcius), so it's good.

I'll keep them as they are, they are definitely not clogging my CPU, seems normal. Thank you for your help, much appreciated.