Intel i7-11700K

MSI MPG Z490 gaming edge wifi

MSI mag series core liquid 240R

Super flower Leader III 850W 80 Gold

Zotac RTX 3070 AMP Holo LHR

G.skill ripjaw V RAM (8gb x 4)

About four case fans, two large 230m, and two plain 140mm

Home temperature is about 22C

I built the computer about ten months ago, it has never ran at a cool temperatures but recently its gotten worse. Everything in the bios is at default and the only Boosters I have running are Razer Cortex and MSI center.

No matter what I've tried to do it has ran hot 60C idol and overheating past 90 with small loads. I've arranged the cooler tubes to be as smooth as possible, i've replaced the thermal paste using any and all technique's I could find, i've tried disabling the boosters reinstalling windows and updating the bios.

I don't know if I have a messed up cooler or some incompatible setting but at this point im desperate for help.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Contaminated coolant in Apaltek-made AIOs, causing early clogging, of which Msi's MAG and MPG Coreliquids are part of.
There's even a recall on them - see if yours qualifies: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/m...40r-360r-aio-coolers-due-to-sediment-build-up
If it doesn't qualify, try to RMA(it should still be under warranty)... and if that doesn't work for some godly reason, you're screwed paying the brunt of a new cooler.

May 30, 2022
Contaminated coolant in Apaltek-made AIOs, causing early clogging, of which Msi's MAG and MPG Coreliquids are part of.
There's even a recall on them - see if yours qualifies: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/m...40r-360r-aio-coolers-due-to-sediment-build-up
If it doesn't qualify, try to RMA(it should still be under warranty)... and if that doesn't work for some godly reason, you're screwed paying the brunt of a new cooler.
Sadly im not on that list. I've shaken the cooler a bit and it feels half full like its been evaporating and leaking real slowly. After this ordeal it was to get this one on Im thinking of buying one of the well known tried and tested air coolers i've seen.