Question Overheating threadripper?

Jul 31, 2019
My computer was randomly shutting off. I replaced the power supply and it hasn’t shut off yet. I tested my cpu with cinebench and the cpu performance wasn’t what it should be . Also after I ran the test my cpu was around 70 degrees celcius. When it’s idling with no load it sits around 56 degrees. It is a amd threadripper 2990wx with a liquid tech Enermax 280 liquid cooler. Any ideas or is that normal? It’s almost like my cpu was throttling during the benchmark because it was too hot?

Jul 31, 2019
I’ll reboot it and try it and post the results. The max temp on Amd for the 2990wx is 68. I’m thinking it’s throttling on the benchmark at 70 degrees and performing bad . Let me run it and ill Post results

Jul 31, 2019
OK, I believe the temp ryzen master says is the one you want.

In that case, 70c is too high and 68c is throttle point. What were your temps previously?

Do you hear the AIO pump still whirring?
idle they’re 55-60. I’ve never checked until recently. The thing shut off right after I turned it on 1 day and I figured it was the power supply. I replaced the power supply and it hasn’t shut off again, but I wanted to test it and realized it was running hot based on what other people said. It was built in February 2019 and worked great up until a month ago when it just shut off random. Pretty sure it was the ps, but don’t know why it’s running hot

Jul 31, 2019
I’ll probably take it in because I’m new. I don’t hear whirling in the liquid cooler. It’s an Enermax 280 tr4. One hose is hot, one is cold but I don’t hear whirling

TRENDING THREADS