[SOLVED] Overheating

Dec 7, 2019
Hello so i had a pc since 2017 with Gigabyte 1070 OC Ryzen 5 1600x Ab350 Gaming 3 MB and nzxt phantom 410
So this blackfriday I decided to change my case so i bought the corsair 175R and i plugged everything in at first my cpu peformed badly so i switched the cooler fan cable from CPU Fan to System Fan and it worked fine but my GPU didn’t when i play games like csgo it gives me the fps i used to get but it makes alot of noises and it raised up to 90C note that my phantom case had 3 Fans and my new one has only 1

Solution
First of all, you went from three fans to one. It really shouldn't be any surprise that you are having thermal problems. You probably had the better case before, with the Phantom.

Do you still have the Phantom case and the fans that were in it? If you do, I'd recommend moving those to the new case. Put two of them in front as intake fans and add one fan to the top rear location, with one fan in the rear fan location, both as exhaust. That should help considerably. So that will be two front intake and two exhaust, with the rearmost top location and the back fan location both being exhaust out of the case.

If you do not have the old case and fans, then I'd suggest you GET three or four new fans, and install them. If you need...
First of all, you went from three fans to one. It really shouldn't be any surprise that you are having thermal problems. You probably had the better case before, with the Phantom.

Do you still have the Phantom case and the fans that were in it? If you do, I'd recommend moving those to the new case. Put two of them in front as intake fans and add one fan to the top rear location, with one fan in the rear fan location, both as exhaust. That should help considerably. So that will be two front intake and two exhaust, with the rearmost top location and the back fan location both being exhaust out of the case.

If you do not have the old case and fans, then I'd suggest you GET three or four new fans, and install them. If you need recommendations on fans I'm happy to make some suggestions depending on your region.

It's probably also worth mentioning, since we often see people with this configured incorrectly, that you want the fan opening on your PSU facing DOWN, towards the vented opening on the bottom of the case (For cases that HAVE vented PSU openings in the bottom, which is most of them these days) not into the case, so that it is drawing in cool air from outside the case to cool itself with plus so that it is not contributing to heat inside the case directly below the graphics card, either.

Solution
Dec 7, 2019

If you do not have the old case and fans, then I'd suggest you GET three or four new fans, and install them. If you need recommendations on fans I'm happy to make some suggestions depending on your region.

It's probably also worth mentioning, since we often see people with this configured incorrectly, that you want the fan opening on your PSU facing DOWN, towards the vented opening on the bottom of the case (For cases that HAVE vented PSU openings in the bottom, which is most of them these days) not into the case, so that it is drawing in cool air from outside the case to cool itself with plus so that it is not contributing to heat inside the case directly below the graphics card, either.
i would appreciate recommendations i live in saudi arabia which is too hot too dusty :\
Plus my motherboard doesn’t have alot of system fan ports i guess it has only 2 and both are occupied
On my phantom it had a fan controller that i just plug it with a cable from my PSU and it runs all the fans
I’ll try turning the PSU to face down and i’ll wait for the fan recommendations ❤️

Phanteks makes some pretty good budget fans, the PH-F140SP.

As far as headers, you can use a splitter and split the motherboard header to two fans without an issue. I wouldn't recommend 3 unless you know exactly how much power draw each fan will pull and the output of the header.

Before you face the large intake grill on the PSU facing down, make sure that there IS a matching grill vent in the bottom of the case. Some cases, especially older designs, may not have them, and if they don't you don't want to do that because you'll be blocking off all airflow into the PSU. If there IS a vent on the bottom of the case to allow air into the PSU, then you do want to do that.

You didn't answer the question regarding whether or not you still have that case or not? Because if you DO, you can move the fans AND the fan hub, to the other case.

Dec 7, 2019
Before you face the large intake grill on the PSU facing down, make sure that there IS a matching grill vent in the bottom of the case. Some cases, especially older designs, may not have them, and if they don't you don't want to do that because you'll be blocking off all airflow into the PSU. If there IS a vent on the bottom of the case to allow air into the PSU, then you do want to do that.

You didn't answer the question regarding whether or not you still have that case or not? Because if you DO, you can move the fans AND the fan hub, to the other case.
I gave it to my cousin and he is using it rn so i guess gg i gotta buy some new fans

Dec 7, 2019

As far as headers, you can use a splitter and split the motherboard header to two fans without an issue. I wouldn't recommend 3 unless you know exactly how much power draw each fan will pull and the output of the header.
i’ll try 2 first if i needed more i’ll get 1 more and thanks for the recommendation

Dec 7, 2019

So i found on newegg 2 different types of the phanteks fan which is high pressure raditor fan and the normal one

and do i need to get a fan that takes air outside the case or is it fine?

The Static Pressure fans are meant for pushing air through obstructions such as a CPU cooler or HDD rack. You want the "normal" high flow one.

I don't know what you mean about the outside of the case fan, you just want air to come into the case usually from the front then exhaust out the back or top, whichever is best for your setup.

I like to have the largest single fan my computer can support in the front (larger fans are quieter since they spin slower to move the same amount of air as a smaller one) and then one in the back to exhaust the air. You can also have two fans intake and one exhaust in order to have a slight positive pressure on the inside of your case which can help with cooling as well as keep dust out.

Your case supports two front intake fans, two top exhaust fans and one rear exhaust fan.

I would highly suggest that you have, in addition to the one rear exhaust fan that (Hopefully) is currently installed (In the rear location AS an exhaust fan blowing hot air OUT of the case) that you also install at least one, MUCH preferably TWO, front intake fans, and it would be a very good idea to also install another exhaust fan in the top-rear location as well so that you have two exhaust and two intake. That would be the optimal airflow configuration for that case.

You can find PWM cable splitters like these, to double the number of fans you can run off your motherboard fan headers:

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E168121...pwm_fan_splitter_cable-_-12-119-873-_-Product

Or you can get an add on fan hub like this:

https://www.newegg.com/phanteks-ph-...e=pwm_fan_hub_phanteks-_-11-984-030-_-Product

In the meantime, until you CAN get the cooling better optimized with some additional fans, simply remove the side panel until you do so. That should tremendously help those temperatures on your graphics card and it if does NOT, then you have other problems besides airflow through the case.