[SOLVED] overheating

Solution
Hi @shawn2126,

Whats the exact make & model?

Would advise you to take it apart to make sure that the fan(s) inside are working and that there are no blockages over the intake or exhaust ports. (Area where cool air is sucked in & warm air is expelled) Also a great time to clean out any dust and to reapply the thermal paste.

If the above is not possible, then I'd suggest a nice laptop cooler. They do wonders and are cheap. While there are a ton on Amazon to choose from, I can vouch for THIS ONE as I bought one for my wifes older laptop this past Christmas and it works great.

Do you have any fan control software installed & running? Some laptops are difficult to manually adjust the fan speeds, unlike a traditional desktop.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hi @shawn2126,

Whats the exact make & model?

Would advise you to take it apart to make sure that the fan(s) inside are working and that there are no blockages over the intake or exhaust ports. (Area where cool air is sucked in & warm air is expelled) Also a great time to clean out any dust and to reapply the thermal paste.

If the above is not possible, then I'd suggest a nice laptop cooler. They do wonders and are cheap. While there are a ton on Amazon to choose from, I can vouch for THIS ONE as I bought one for my wifes older laptop this past Christmas and it works great.

Do you have any fan control software installed & running? Some laptops are difficult to manually adjust the fan speeds, unlike a traditional desktop.

Solution