frankenajosh

Commendable
Oct 16, 2018
Hi, recently my pc has been overheating when running videogames. Immediately once I go to the game my GPU temperature raises to 90 degrees celsius. I have 5 case fans on my pc and have rearranged them in many different ways. My pc runs the game completely fine until after about 10-30 minutes of playing it shuts off. Not sure why it is doing this if anybody knows why that would be great.

Hi, recently my pc has been overheating when running videogames. Immediately once I go to the game my GPU temperature raises to 90 degrees celsius. I have 5 case fans on my pc and have rearranged them in many different ways. My pc runs the game completely fine until after about 10-30 minutes of playing it shuts off. Not sure why it is doing this if anybody knows why that would be great.

A system Overheats due to inadequate cooling and when safety parameters are exceeded the system shuts down. It can be poor case air flow or high ambient room temps.
If it's the GPU then hybrid solutions are available for many non reference cards.
Sometimes the only solution is Air conditioning to bring down Ambient room temp.

frankenajosh

Commendable
Oct 16, 2018
Don't think it is poor airflow because I have tried many different things with the fans. I also don't think that it is room temp because I keep my fan on all the time in my room and my room usually stays at a relatively cold temperature.

Don't think it is poor airflow because I have tried many different things with the fans. I also don't think that it is room temp because I keep my fan on all the time in my room and my room usually stays at a relatively cold temperature.

You may get better advice if you list your system specs.
If you have Overclocked the GPU then bring it back to default as excessive voltage will generate heat.

frankenajosh

Commendable
Oct 16, 2018
I have not overclocked the gpu and my specs are
Ryzen 5 cpu, 16gb ram, rx 580 gpu.
I have 2 fans taking in air and 2 fans releasing air.
If you need any more specs let me know.

I have not overclocked the gpu and my specs are
Ryzen 5 cpu, 16gb ram, rx 580 gpu.
I have 2 fans taking in air and 2 fans releasing air.
If you need any more specs let me know.

RX 580s come way overvolted from the factory. so try to reduce the voltage on the gpu to 1020mV using Wattman.
Set your fan curve in Bios more aggressively.

What case are you using?

frankenajosh

Commendable
Oct 16, 2018
The voltage is already set at 950 mV. Raising the fan curves does not make the pc any cooler when I have a videogame open. The pc case I am using is Corsair SPEC-05 ATX Mid Tower Case. I'm not sure if this is normal but when I do not have a game open I run 50-60 Celcius and right once I open the game it goes immediately to 90 celsius. Also if I tab off of the game then the temp lowers.

The voltage is already set at 950 mV. Raising the fan curves does not make the pc any cooler when I have a videogame open. The pc case I am using is Corsair SPEC-05 ATX Mid Tower Case. I'm not sure if this is normal but when I do not have a game open I run 50-60 Celcius and right once I open the game it goes immediately to 90 celsius. Also if I tab off of the game then the temp lowers.

No it's not normal however, Try removing the side panel and point a desktop fan at the GPU to see if it makes a difference.
I have run out of ideas to fix your issue so I can only recommend you RMA the card.