Overpaid for laptop?

Aug 24, 2019
I recently bought an MSI laptop on discount and thought it was a great find, but I feel like I might have spent a bit much on it.

The specs are:
i7-8750H 2.20 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 16GB
16 GB RAM
500 GB SSD
1TB HHD

I paid $1800 for it after-tax, is it overpriced?

PC Tailor

Dignified
Herald
What MSI laptop is it exactly?

I'm going to give my opinion here, that I hold for almost any component. Frankly it annoys me when people come charging in saying "you got ripped off", "why did you do that?!" etc. after you've already bought it because value is individual and also not all about money.

Yes you can find things cheaper, but that is always the case, if the laptop does exactly what you wanted it to do, and the performance is what you wanted, it doesn't matter how much you paid, you've satisfied what you needed from it!

But that's just my take and i know people will disagree.:LOL:

Aug 24, 2019
From the hardware specs it looks like you did not get ripped off. And I agree with the above statement
What MSI laptop is it exactly?

I'm going to give my opinion here, that I hold for almost any component. Frankly it annoys me when people come charging in saying "you got ripped off", "why did you do that?!" etc. after you've already bought it because value is individual and also not all about money.

Yes you can find things cheaper, but that is always the case, if the laptop does exactly what you wanted it to do, and the performance is what you wanted, it doesn't matter how much you paid, you've satisfied what you needed from it!

But that's just my take and i know people will disagree.:LOL:
I'm not saying I got ripped off, I'm asking if I got my money's worth. Thank you for replying though

PC Tailor

Dignified
Herald
I'm not saying I got ripped off, I'm asking if I got my money's worth. Thank you for replying though
I know, I wasn't suggesting you're asking if you're being ripped off, I'm stating that if it does exactly what you hoped it would do, then you will always have your moneys worth, it doesn't look like you've overpaid, but even if you had, the only thing thinking about overpaying will do is make you feel bad, and there's no value in that.

So IMO, if it gives you want to wanted from it, you have never overpaid. :)

Another big factor is customer service. I am UK based and for electronics including laptops (excluding desktop parts), TV’s, kitchen goods, etc I usually stick to a shop called John Lewis as their customer service is in a class of its own but I know I pay extra for it. I had to use their return policy on a Surface tablet after about 20 months, I had zero hassle getting an exchange. That is worth paying more for.

Aug 24, 2019
Another big factor is customer service. I am UK based and for electronics including laptops (excluding desktop parts), TV’s, kitchen goods, etc I usually stick to a shop called John Lewis as their customer service is in a class of its own but I know I pay extra for it. I had to use their return policy on a Surface tablet after about 20 months, I had zero hassle getting an exchange. That is worth paying more for.
Oh yeah thats true. Halfway across my screen sometimes appears a black flickering line, and sometimes theres also a pink dot thats like 10 pixels big that flickers too. I told customer service about if wondering what might be wrong and they don't have a reply.

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Dignified
Herald
(I am also UK based) funnily enough I am dealing with a couple of clients who are being screwed over by John Lewis at the moment! PC that has failed in 2 months and they offered they'll recover data from it for £80 but can't take it back being as it's a computer used for over 1 month. I suspect it's a bit of a one-off.

I personally don't deal with them so can't judge myself but just what I experience with others.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS