Question Overpowered/Tongfang/XMG QC71 Laptop Constantly Crashing

T0wns

Commendable
Feb 11, 2021
So I own an Overpowered 15+ laptop, which is essentially a reskin of the Tongfang GK5CN6Z, which is also the Schenker XMG Neo 15. (I'm putting all these different reskins in to maximize my chances of someone with one of these can help me.) It's a pretty good laptop but not without its fair share of problems. One of these problems is the fact it's crashing constantly, only running Chrome, for seemingly no reason (it's crashed twice while writing this). I believe it's thermal throttling, which is odd considering I always have the fans on high, and also I've had it a lot more hot under load before with it being fine. However, I have no way of figuring this out nor changing this. Can someone help me?

EDIT: Looking at the event viewer, I see the only reason for the crash is that my laptop is constantly changing power source from charger to battery for no reason at all. It's the only thing that happens before it boots up after a crash. Any idea why this may be happening? I don't think it's a short or anything, it seems to be doing this regardless of the position of the cord.

Lutfij

Titan
What OS are you working with? Does your laptop have any BIOS updates pending? Can you elaborate on what you mean y crash? The app closes on itself or the laptop restarts? How old is the laptop? If you're on a Windows OS environment, check and see what your resource usages are prior to the issue.

T0wns

Commendable
Feb 11, 2021
What OS are you working with? Does your laptop have any BIOS updates pending? Can you elaborate on what you mean y crash? The app closes on itself or the laptop restarts? How old is the laptop? If you're on a Windows OS environment, check and see what your resource usages are prior to the issue.
Windows 10. I don’t believe there are any BIOS updates. By crash, I mean complete shutdown. I bought it secondhand like new, I believe 2 years. It’s gotten to the point where I can’t boot it up for more than 2 minutes, so I can’t check. I’m starting to believe that it’s a charger problem, which would be very bad, considering I spent all my spare money on this and I also don’t have a clue what charger it has, as looking up the replacement charger gets me nowhere.

I need this laptop for school, so I’m trying to rule out all possibilities.