Question Overwatch 2 - Audio Cuts Out and Delays Microphone Input

ethanHDH

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
Heya Guys,

I've encountered a really odd issue which I've been facing with only Overwatch 2 alone - every now and then I'll be playing the game with my friends on discord, and my entire desktop audio will cut out for around 3-5 seconds, come back fully in sync with my entire desktop and game, however my microphone will then be 3-5 seconds delayed in discord. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and if they found a solution to what may be causing it? When this happens from what I can tell, there is no event in event viewer to help track down (apart from numerous Event 157 Surprise Disk Removals linking back to Xbox's Virtual Disks (xvd) which are hidden in Device Manager) nor does a spike in activity appear in task manager.

- If it helps I'm using a Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen with a Rode NT1-A, using freshly reinstalled drivers (error occurring before driver installation, was just hoping a fresh install may fix it)

Any help would be appreciated :D

ethanHDH

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
Updating this thread - as of literally two seconds ago, this actually happened outside of games leading me to believe it's probably an audio buffer issue - would anyone know how to fix this on a Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen