'Overwatch' Director Says Toxicity Delays Game Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

compprob237

Distinguished
"scaling competitive season bans, a notification system that will alert you when a player you’ve reported is [acted upon], and functionality that will allow us to more aggressively penalize players who attempt to abuse the in-game reporting tool"
Now if only Valve would implement such a system for their games. DOTA2 needs this, specifically, very badly. Especially the penalties for abuse of the reporting system.

This, sadly, speaks about the gaming community as a whole and how a few bad actors are ruining the experience of the many. It's been my experience with many games. A majority of players are just trying to have fun but a select few are specifically trying to make everyone else not have fun and enjoy doing so.

NoviceNob

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I too wish Valve and others would do a better job of blocking, banning hackers, haters, and racists. But... Step by step. And it is to bad that you have to put so much time into getting rid of problem people. So... Thank you again. Camp David :) AND... You are correct. We as the community of players should do a better job of policing others.

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
Why they dont admit that they screwed things up in OW. They cut the development team so bad that hardly any is working on the game and that is why the patches takes ages to come out, with small changes if exit. Toxicity/hackers were since day one, and they refused to knowledge the problem and their ban wave is a joke. Me and 3-5 friends quited the game at mid season 3 (for the reasons I mentioned), and I don't think I will go back to try this again. Lastly, wining in this game is heavily based on ultis (assuming hacking is impossible) in compare to other similar games lie Paladins.

QWERASZX

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
and what if i like being a toxic SOB what about my happiness, i dont think i would play computer games or go online if i couldn't grief idiots

dunque

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
Toxicity comes in games where you get oneshotted without even fight. Overwatch in most of times are one-two shots to kill a player, making the communication quite useless. Its not an MMO where you fight a world boss and communication keep you unite and alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.