'Overwatch' Prepares For Big Changes To Competitive Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011

What problem are you referring to? The one where you're placed on a team of Glass Joes and your faced against a team of Mike Tysons? Then, when you inevitably lose, the YOU are ranked down as if to say it was YOUR fault the team didn't win.

wysir

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
- The rating system rewarding 1-tricks in a game that requires flexibility to win
- Getting put on a team with 4+ mains of a particular role (2+ Mercy mains is terrible, especially higher up when you need more ability in all roles).

Colin_10

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
It took league of legends something like 6 years to fix this problem of allowing people to Queue with specific roles in mind, which beforehand often resulted in imbalanced teams. Granted this sort of thing has little bearing on your rank with enough games played where others will suffer at the same rate as you do... Where it does matter is enjoyment/frustration per match, no one wants to be matched with 4 mercy mains, but having 1 mercy main on your team is great.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
It's funny you talk about that. I main Mercy and I'm pretty good with her. I have been in situations where someone asks to be Mercy (a second Mercy main) and I give her up. I then have to fall back on my secondary character, Roadhog. If you've been following Overwatch news then you know Roadhog is half as effective as he used to be. That means I'm contributing half as much as I could be otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.