'Overwatch' To Celebrate One-Year Anniversary, Host Free 'Weekend' May 26-29

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD_Gaming

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
If you lived in a cave and never did anything you wouldn't feel like your missing our either. Ignorance is bliss.
Not to say overwatch is a something one needs to play but the statement still applies.

ralphfaith

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
I would suggest people to at least give it a try. If you're still not willing to buy it, just go its official website, checkout a bit in the heroes section and I'm pretty sure that you'll be attracted and will give it a try. This is how I was introduced to this game, thanks to my friend.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
I enjoyed playing Overwatch, but really me and my friends only played fore a week then jumped to Paladins. Yes paladins is a rip off of Overwatch, but it's a fun free one.

JakeWearingKhakis

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
If you don't like Overwatch or feel like it doesn't have as much strategy as you want, then come join me in Paragon. The creators of the Unreal Engine have an amazing MOBA that has been in open beta since the 2nd half of last year.

Paragon.

My in game name is Wrekonize323, add me and I'll help you learn stuff if you need me to.

nxs

Commendable
May 18, 2017
Overwatch is the best FPS release since TF2. While not an arena shooter which will have a special place in my heart and 1999, it is the culmination of what younger generations want and older generations need; playable at over 100ms latency and requiring individual skill and teamwork that the poor COD/BF franchises have neglected by catering to the lowest common denominator you once again have the ability to put scrubs in thier place: at your feet.

markbrownn

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
Overwatch is good but cannot be considered to be the best. COD (almost all the versions), Destiny (1 and 2), Battlefield, etc are giving some great competition to Overwatch. In one year, they have a lot of audience but the expenditure on game needs more players.

Comparing OW to BF&COD is laughable.
The franchises have totally different concepts and objectives.

It's rather comparable to competitive shooters like csgo but combining that with more...let's call it arcade elements.
The amount of skill required is low enough for casual players and people who play it just for the fun.

Don't get me wrong, I like overwatch and it's a lot of fun to play. But a comparison to BF/COD is just strange.

dstarr3

Distinguished
Yeah, that's like comparing Rocket League to FIFA. It's like... yeah, there's kind of a soccer similarity going on, slightly. But there's no getting around it, they're two completely different games for completely different people.

Status
Not open for further replies.