[SOLVED] P.C. boots but won’t show any signal on screen!

Jan 16, 2019
Hey! First post here so idk if i places in the right section!
So I build a new pc! In the begging I needed few restart so there would be signal on monitor.. but few restarts became tons of restarts. Long story short my pc shows signal if I unplug it from electricity few hours!
My specs are
Ryzen 7 1700x
8gb ram hyperx 2666mhz (tested it in another pc and it works)
Msi b450 gaming carbon ac
Rx 580 8g (sapphire)
I have my old psu, chieftec smartseries 600w (3 years old)
PS. Monitor and cables work!
I’ve tried moving my gpu but no results! Any solution or idea would be appreciated!
Have a nice day

Solution
Ask your friend why they stopped using the Corsair power supply. If they were having problems with it, then I would suspect the power supply is still the issue. Otherwise, while not out of the question, it is unlikely that if it was working fine before, it should be fine now.

Download and run CPUID's HWMonitor

Use this to check the voltages going to your motherboard; specifically +12V, +5V and +3.3V. The values listed here should be very within 5% of these values. Vastly different values indicate a fault. If the values are close to what they should be, then I'd try the card in your friend's computer. If you're still getting issues, then it's time to contact the store.

-Wolf sends
Jan 16, 2019

Yea I do!
P.C. seems to work fine. All fans work and all lighting (keyboard mouse and mobos)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Is the graphics card is installed in the top PCI-Ex16 slot?
Are you connecting the display to the graphics card output and not the motherboard output?
Are you using a digital input on your display (DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort) and not VGA?

If you answer yes to all three of these questions, then I would suspect the power supply might not be up to the task anymore.

-Wolf sends

Jan 16, 2019
So an update! I changed the psu with a Corsair 650w that a friend gave me. So pc was working fine for 4 days but today again there is no signal! What is wrong? Shall I contact the store? Problem is it’s in Germany and I live in Greece that’s why I want to do everything I can before sending things back!

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ask your friend why they stopped using the Corsair power supply. If they were having problems with it, then I would suspect the power supply is still the issue. Otherwise, while not out of the question, it is unlikely that if it was working fine before, it should be fine now.

Download and run CPUID's HWMonitor

Use this to check the voltages going to your motherboard; specifically +12V, +5V and +3.3V. The values listed here should be very within 5% of these values. Vastly different values indicate a fault. If the values are close to what they should be, then I'd try the card in your friend's computer. If you're still getting issues, then it's time to contact the store.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jan 16, 2019
The psu hasn’t worked much. He works and he doesn’t use his pc so he gave it to me so we can be sure that it’s the psu. I am going to try what you suggested and keep you posted. Thanks a lot wolf for your insta replies :)

Jan 16, 2019

Wolfshadw

Titan
Nope. That all looks good. It's not definitive, but it's good enough to make me look elsewhere. At this point, you've done enough troubleshooting to at least initiate contact with the store. Let them know that you've tried different power supplies and that you've tested with HWMonitor and you're still having issues. They may have other ideas to troubleshoot, but at least you've started a conversation with them.

-Wolf sends