P.U.P. Warning on Tom's Hardware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Just started happening today (AM CDT). Every time I now log on to any TH page (including the forum), Malwarebytes pops up a warning "website blocked due to PUP": (Image)
Checking Google, it appears this just started after the latest MB update. Or is this something pertaining to TH site?

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
It's been there for awhile , My Ublock Origin blocks it.
It's part of the sites push notifications.
Here it is in my Ublock Origin:
KiVUCro.png

Last edited by a moderator:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Not for me, it hasn't. Just started this morning. And I'm here every day. So, something must have changed.

If you or one of the techs can assure me it is safe, I'll have MB exclude it. It is a bit of a nuisance. Thanks.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
Hey all, we are looking into this. OneSignal is our notification system used on the editorial site, so it is in fact harmless. We're not sure why it's setting off Malware Bytes. FWIW, I also use Malware Bytes and haven't received a warning about PUP.

I'll circle back here with any updates.

Reactions: Banned by Net

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Hey all, we are looking into this. OneSignal is our notification system used on the editorial site, so it is in fact harmless. We're not sure why it's setting off Malware Bytes. FWIW, I also use Malware Bytes and haven't received a warning about PUP.

I'll circle back here with any updates.
Hey, thanks for the reply, Johnny5.
Today the issue stopped. No more pop-up warnings. So, if you folks did something, thank you! If not and if it returns, I now know I can safely have MB exclude it. (y)

Forgot to mention, MB has done an update either yesterday or today. So maybe it was an issue on their part, and they patched it? Either way, all good today.

Status
Not open for further replies.