Status
Not open for further replies.

njeske

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
I have five Pentium II 266MHz systems ready to sell to whoever wants them. They are old, but practically new. They were used (barely) at my brother's high school for the last couple years. I am on the Technology Committee at the school, and I am in charge of trying to sell off these five particular systems. In all honesty, these systems sat inside the classrooms of teachers who didn't need or want to use them, so they pretty much sat their collecting dust. Don't worry... I have cleaned them out thoroughly. All of the cases and internal parts are in great condition. All of the parts still look and work like they are brand new.

The motherboards are Tyan S2056AG4 with the 810E chipset. The video and sound are integrated (sorry). They also come with floppy drives, Seagate 10GB 7200RPM ATA66 hard drives, and 64MB PC100 memory. They don't have CD-ROMs because the school didn't want students installing games and such on the systems. The school has a couple USB CD drives it uses to do its own software installs. They had network cards in them, but the school took them out to be put into the new machines. All of the hard drives have been formatted, so there is no OS on any of them, however they do boot to a Windows 98 DOS prompt. And, of course, no monitor, keyboard, or mouse... Just the tower.

It was not my job to set the price, and the school will not take less than $275 per system. I think that is a good deal since they are practically brand new. Oh yeah... buyer pays shipping, that cost is only about $15.00, but the school refuses to budge on that issue. Sorry, I tried.

njeske

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
Yes, the systems are still available. I have been trying to get the school to lower the price some, but they just won't do it. They say that they need to break even on some budget and that selling these systems for that price will do it for them. If you are interested in the systems, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.