clownbaby

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
I've been running this board for about 2 months now without incident, and am now having problems overclocking. Before I go any further, here is the setup.

Q6600 G0
P35ds3l
8800gt
2gb pc6400

Everything was running normally until last night. I made an adjustment in easytune and noticed it wouldn't take. Then, then the bios kept resetting to default values. I've been running the Q6600at a very stable 3.4ghz , which I clocked down from 3.6 which was the highest stable clock i could get. I don't think the processor is the problem. Now if I try and overclock at all, the computer will restart after the boot screen. Even if I keep all values stock and just enable the fsb clock function, it will not boot.

With that said, everything runs normally if i leave on default settings. I have reset the cmos without any improvement. My next step I think will be to flash the bios. I returned all of the settings on the 8800gt to stock.

thanks in advance for any help

clownbaby

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
I've tried 2 bios versions without any luck. I also tried underclocking the cpu and lowering the voltage. Does not work. Could there be a problem with my motherboard??

slickjr169

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2008
Can you be alittle more specific in the adjustment that you made because it sounds like that "tweek" may have led to the demise of your motherboard. If you are not able to run stable at all even under stock clocks then its one of three things. Either a stick of ram may have gone bad or one of the four voltage regulators on the motherboard took a dive or your Q6600 is done.

blacksci

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Lol, i dont think thats his problem at all, if he was overclocking the mobo, which i have, then it probably was the easytune not interfacing well with the mobo, which is a common problem with the DS3L. If this is the case, go into your bios and overclock from there. The software they send with this board to oc is crap, i dont even know why they bothered to send it, let alone make it.