P4 1.8 Mobile or P4 2.4 for a laptop?

StevenF

Distinguished
May 19, 2002
I am going to order the Sager NP5620 (I think that is the company that actually makes them). Alienware also sales them along with a few other companies. The question: should i go the 1.8 mobile route or the 2.4? The Mobile is supposed to be a lot cooler, and I can't see how a laptop could cool a 2.4 in that small of space. I'm not concerned with battery life as I will use the AC adaptor most of the time. Also, they cost about the same. So will the heat make a difference, cause if not, I'm gonna go the 2.4 route.

If I do go the 2.4 route, which company should I buy from? I'm leaning towards powernotebooks.com, but alienware seems to have more ventillation and cooling from the pictures I have seen. Also, powernotebooks sales the exact same thing for about 300 less :)

Thanks guys for all your help.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You checked pricewatch.com?

Go with a true P4-M processor, they will have better battery life and produce less heat.

The 2.4Ghz is fast but will eat the battery in under 2 hours.

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.

Harisahmed

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2002
Don't you read before posting?

I'm not concerned with battery life as I will use the AC adaptor most of the time.
StevenF, if battery life means nothing than go with the desktop P4 laptop. Just don't expect to be able to run it long, if it's sitting on your lap for any length of time.