P4 is [-peep-]!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b>The Athlon will burn itself out entirely within 2 seconds of powering it up</b>
I don't think so. Do you have any proof??? He was right to say you can still have time to shut off your comp without damage your CPU because I experienced it! It would take longer since Athlon can work up to 90C. I once had put my GlobalWin FOP-32 on my TB700 and forgot to peel off the blue tape that covered Thermal compound. I booted it in BIOS and check CPU temperature. It was about 70C (to access BIOS it would take more than 2 seconds, don't you think?). I immediately turned off my comp and recheck the HSF and found out the problem.
Right now, I'm using it to write this message and it has been overclocked to 850MHz for more than 6 months!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>It is ashamed that our forum is subject to these people who have more processors than their I.Q.(like AMDMeltDown).

:smile: OMG! I only have (8) 600MHz pee3's and I;m only <i>**12yrs old**</i> :wink: .

oh, and I've been looking for another dual non-via board so I can bump up my I.Q. would this help me? :smile:

"AMD...you are the weakest link, good bye!"

chrisojeda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hehe...you are a funny guy. I'll bet though that you are in your mid 20's, have a semi-professional or professional job, and play lot's of 3D gaming. Though, I think that is 95% of the posters on this forum. I we were to go by processor count for I.Q.'s then I only have an I.Q. of 2 :(

It worked yesterday! :lol:

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Please look around at other posts in the forum regarding this subject. An Athlon 700MHz is nowhere near as hot as an Athlon 1.33GHz. I do believe most Athlon owners will agree with me here.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b>Please look around at other posts in the forum regarding this subject.</b>
I still don't see any that confirmed burnt in <b>2 seconds</b>!
<b>An Athlon 700MHz is nowhere near as hot as an Athlon 1.33GHz.</b>
You didn't mention Athlon 1.33G in your post at all! You said
><b>The Athlon will burn itself out entirely within 2 seconds of powering it up if you have not properly secured the heatsink.</b><
That's why I disputed your statement.

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
I;m only **12yrs old**
We know; it shows.

Oh, and I rather like owning a CPU that hasn't fried, hasn't chipped, hasn't crashed, stands up to Intel's best, and costs less. Thank you, and good night.

Kelledin

bash-2.04$ kill -9 1
init: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?