[SOLVED] P400A Digital fan speed control?

Joppie

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
Hi,

I am using the Phanteks p400a digital as a case, but I can't seem to figure out how to increase the case's fan speeds.

The p400s has an integrated fan speed controller, but the p400a_d doesn't.
Does anyone know how I can control the fan speeds? I'd like them to move some more air out of my case (yes I did make them the exhaust fans).

Solution
So using a 3way, 3pin splitter to motherboard for fans. The lighting is seperate and of no consequence. All that's important is the fan connection. Which is a motherboard header.

So you'll have to check the bios, that's where you'll find fan controls for that header. See where the settings are at. It might just be that the fans are already maxed out.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
So it's Sata to a hub? Is there any control wire from the motherboard to hub? Are you getting the lighting circuit and fan circuit confused? Fans don't normally run on a Sata power, most normally molex to hub as multiple fans have a draw higher than Sata can supply.

Joppie

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
So it's Sata to a hub? Is there any control wire from the motherboard to hub? Are you getting the lighting circuit and fan circuit confused? Fans don't normally run on a Sata power, most normally molex to hub as multiple fans have a draw higher than Sata can supply.
Iirc, the 3 fans connect into 1 3 pin connector that goes to the motherboard. Apart from that they're connected to the fan led controller on the front of the case. Don't remember which connector I used for that part.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
So using a 3way, 3pin splitter to motherboard for fans. The lighting is seperate and of no consequence. All that's important is the fan connection. Which is a motherboard header.

So you'll have to check the bios, that's where you'll find fan controls for that header. See where the settings are at. It might just be that the fans are already maxed out.

Solution

Joppie

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019

Alright! Thanks a lot, I'll check it out!