Question P400a splitter problem

blackcesar

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
Hello,

I’ve bought a p400a. Comes with three stock fans mounted at the front. I’ve added a simple fan as exhaust.
Problem is my motherboard z370d3 has only 3 fan headers.
So I’ve bought a splitter 4 fan pwm fan able to combine two fans.
one works the other not thought. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you

blackcesar

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
Ok this is weird.
My Hyper evo has stopped working all of a sudden. I tried moving the pin to another slot and still nothing. I've detached the splitter before doing all of this.
Attached the splitter and boot the system. Now all three fans work but not the hyper evo

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
That is very strange. That splitter should be fine, and it should have no impact whatsoever to the fan on the heatsink....

Unless you happen to be running a chassis fan alongside the CPU fan, from the same header.... then maybe it could impact something, but it's very, very unlikely.

The stock fan of the 212 EVO is 0.19-0.22A, depending on your region.
Headers should be fine for up to 1A.... so unless the included Phanteks fans are crazy amperage*

*I believe the P400A has cheaper variants of the Skiron 120mms:
http://metallicgear.com/Skiron-Black-120

Even then, the RGB variants are 0.25A.... so the non-RGB should be more like ~0.2A.

blackcesar

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
That is very strange. That splitter should be fine, and it should have no impact whatsoever to the fan on the heatsink....

Unless you happen to be running a chassis fan alongside the CPU fan, from the same header.... then maybe it could impact something, but it's very, very unlikely.

The stock fan of the 212 EVO is 0.19-0.22A, depending on your region.
Headers should be fine for up to 1A.... so unless the included Phanteks fans are crazy amperage*

*I believe the P400A has cheaper variants of the Skiron 120mms:
http://metallicgear.com/Skiron-Black-120

Even then, the RGB variants are 0.25A.... so the non-RGB should be more like ~0.2A.

I have been mounting and un mounting due to changing case. Last time was yesterday. SO maybe I have done something wrong while putting back the Hyper evo.
I see that the fan does some tiny movement and then stops.